The IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition is the global event for water professionals covering the full water cycle. As the Congress rotates through cities and countries each event has an extra emphasis on issues of specific interest to the region. The upcoming edition taking place in Copenhagen will have as key focus the digital economy, smart and liveable cities, entrepreneurship and diffusion of innovation, climate change adaptation , community and customer engagement, and sustainability.
Programme Features Daily Schedule
Plan Your Week
Water For Smart Liveable Cities
The World Water Congress & Exhibition in Copenhagen, Denmark is designed to bring together over 10,000 water professionals from academia, utilities, industry, government, regulators and NGOs and also engage the water-consuming industry, agriculture, architects and urban planners, hydrologists and soil and groundwater experts, social sciences, ICT-sector, the financial sector and others. The Congress is by nature a global forum for discussion. We invite you to be an active player in shaping the future of water at the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition.
Through the underlying theme ‘Water for smart liveable cities’, a concept in which Denmark is leading, we will explore smart, holistic and liveable city solutions that utilize synergies between various intelligent systems, empower cities to adapt to a changing climate and meet the Paris agenda, whilst improving the quality of life and well-being of our societies. In addition, we will contribute to developing a global culture of innovation that can enable the radical transformations required.
How will Papers be published?
The Congress delegates will have access to digital pre-print proceedings that include the content that forms the technical programme.
The submissions selected for oral presentation will be invited to submit a full paper and will be considered by IWA Publishing for potential publication in one of IWA Publishing journals.
Author Registration fee
All authors (oral presenters, poster presenters, workshop organizers, training organizers) are requested to register to attend the Congress.
Presenting authors are eligible for discounted registration rates.
Authors do not need to be members of IWA. However, IWA members have access to a series of benefits that include significant registration discounts.
How is content selected?
All the content submitted to the IWA World Water Congress and Exhibition will be peer-reviewed by a panel of water professionals. Click here to become a reviewer. The Programme Committee will then, considering their expertise and the results of the peer review, form the technical programme of the Congress.
The evaluation of the content will consider, among others:
- The impact of the work in addressing pressing water challenges,
- The originality of the work, describing new solutions or approaches,
- The fit between the thematic tracks and the proposal,
- The stage of development of the proposal (e.g. specific results based on data and/or a strong rational).
IWA expects to receive more than 2 000 submissions.
From the pool of submissions, the Programme will include approximately 350 oral presentations, 600 poster presentations, and 65 workshops and trainings.
Content submissions queries: email@example.com
Ghent University | Belgium
Queensland University | Australia
Affinity Water | UK
Virginia Tech | USA
Tsinghua University | China
University of Victoria | Canada
Cathy Hu Qing
Southern University | China
UNEP | South Africa
Silhorko-Eurowater A/S | Denmark
Chinhoyi University of Technology | Zimbabwe
IWASH | Ghana
Technical University of Denmark – DTU | Denmark
Käppala Association | Sweden
Dillon Consulting | Canada
National Institute of Public Health | Japan
Federal University of Minas Gerais | Brazil
ADERASA | Argentina
Per Halkjaer Nielsen
Aalborg University | Denmark
University Laval | Canada
Urban Utilities | Australia
BITS Pilani | India
Asian Institute of Technology | Thailand
Trine Stausgaard Munk
Ramboll | Denmark
Titilola Victoria Bright-Oridami
Lagos Water Corporation | Nigeria
What to expect from #WorldWaterCongress in Copenhagen
- Learn and grow professionally and expand your network through privileged access to the best content and the best people worldwide
- Visionary thinkers and compelling speakers on how water can create Smart Liveable Cities of the future, supported by the IWA Principles for Water Wise Cities.
- High-level summit with utility, government and city officials and other organisations about the progress towards implementation of the SDGs.
- Groundwater and digitalization as special focus areas.
- Engagement of the industry, agriculture and energy sectors.
- Advance opportunities for IWA Young Water Professionals and #EmergingWaterLeaders.
- Highlight global innovations and offer a global business platform.