The IWA WWCE 2024 is expected to bring together over 10,000 people – a global audience of utility and industry practitioners, government officials, NGO representatives, technology and service providers, consultants, media, and others.
Under the WWCE series theme of ‘Shaping our Water Future’, the 2024 edition will present opportunities for innovation and action across a comprehensive range of important topics.
The event will feature keynote addresses by leading sector figures, specially invited to share their experiences in shaping and delivering solutions. The programme will also provide a unique platform for water professionals to present and share their recent findings and insights. This will give you an opportunity to:
- Contribute with your work to shape the global water
- Connect with leading professionals from within and
outside the water sector.
- Learn and grow professionally through early access
to the best content.
- Network with some 10,000 delegates and visitors
from over 100 countries worldwide.
We invite you to submit your proposal to participate. Download the Call for Content to find out more. Then select the correct template to make your submission: technical paper, training, and workshop.
- Call for content opens 1 June 2023
- Call for content closes 10 November 2023
- Registration opens 1 February 2024
- Close of review process 2 February 2024
- Presenters notified of acceptance 5 February 2024
- Deadline for presenter confirmations / registration 8 March 2024
- Publication of advance programme 28 April 2024
Submission information and templates
Final deadline for all submissions: 10 November 2023
To submit a technical paper proposal, please use the technical paper template. Your initial submission must be in the form of an outline paper: two A4 pages of text (approximately 1,000 words) plus up to two additional pages of tables/figures. You may submit as many outline papers as you want. However, no individual can present more than two platform papers/posters. Any further papers must be presented by a co-author.
To submit a workshop proposal, please use the workshop template.
To submit a training proposal, please use the training template.
Ready to become a Reviewer?
If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, go here and complete the steps before 10 November.
- Create your profile here
- Please enter information as requested through the application process
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email with your details and your credentials
- Please note only successful candidates will be contacted and receive confirmation on the role from the IWA team. Please also check your spam folder.
Topics & thematic tracks
Contributions are sought on global best practice, applied research, policy developments and solutions relating to a comprehensive range of water-related themes. The full scope is set out in the Call for Content, with prominent anticipated topics and the programme’s six broad thematic tracks listed below:
- Circular economy and resource recovery
- Climate-smart approaches to water and wastewater
- Digital transformation
- Innovation in technology and policy
- Wastewater surveillance
- Inclusive urban sanitation
- Nature-based solutions
- Inclusivity and equality
- Indigenous peoples
- Partnerships and multi-stakeholder collaboration
- Water utility management
- Wastewater and resource recovery
- Drinking water and potable reuse
- City-scale planning & operations
- Communities, communication & partnership
- Water resources & large-scale water management