Secure your seat at the world’s prime event shaping our water future
SUPER EARLY BIRD FEE
Until 30 April 2018
|LIC IWA member||€495|
From 1 May until 30 June 2018
|LIC IWA member||€595|
Presenter IWA member €895
Presenter non-member €1095
Presenter student €445
LIC Presenter IWA member €545
LIC Presenter non-member €645
LIC Presenter student €370
From 31 March until 1 July 2018
1 July to 9 September 2018
|LIC IWA member||€695|
10 September 2018 onwards
|LIC IWA member||€795|
All delegate registration prices include attendance at the opening ceremony and welcome reception; congress sessions; exhibition; and lunches, morning and afternoon teas.
- Membership of IWA will be verified and membership status is not transferable. If the member number supplied above is incorrect no discount will apply.
- Student rate conditions apply. While collecting your badge, you will be asked to show your student ID.
- LIC means low-income country. For a complete list go to MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Become an IWA member
IWA membership will give you an automatic discount on your delegate and exhibitor registration. Meanwhile, You will enjoy a minimum of 1 year of receiving The Source Magazine, access to IWA-Connect, featuring exclusive online content and further discounts on IWA publications and discounts to all other IWA events.
VISAS AND LETTERS OF INVITATION
Presently, the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs grants Visa waivers/exemptions to approximately 68 countries with special agreements with Japan. If you are unsure of whether or not you need to apply for a short-term Visa to enter Japan in order to attend the IWA WWC&E 2018, please consult this page.
If your country is not listed, then you will need to apply for a Visa. You can contact the Embassy of Japan, or the nearest Consulate of Japan in your home country to receive guidance on the application process and necessary documents you will need, please refer here for more information. Alternatively, we recommend you apply for your Visa through a local agency, it is quicker and easier to obtain a tourist visa than to get a visa through the Japanese Embassy and Consulate.
IWA WWC&E 2018 has assigned Convention Linkage as the official local Japanese agency to assist with visa applications and processing. This optional service is available to Congress participants at an additional cost and you will be charged directly by Convention Linkage. Should you wish to use this service please contact email@example.com.
Please note that you must register for the congress firstand provide a copy of your confirmation letter, paid invoice and accommodation booking to Convention Linkage.
Letter of Invitation
A Letter of Invitation is an official document which confirms a registration payment and extends an official invitation to the paid registrant to attend and participate in the upcoming conference. It provides you with an official reason to come to Japan. It may be required by your university for administrative purposes, and will form one of the documents required for visa application if you are from a country that does not have a visa exemption agreement with Japan.
In order to qualify for a Letter of Invitation, you must meet both of the following criteria:
- Be a registered audience member
- Have paid the conference registration fee in full or a deposit
Subject to approval, all letters of invitation will be sent by email as a PDF attachment and a physical copy mailed to your residence or place of work. Please provide ample time for this to be processed.
- Under no circumstances shall IWA provide a Letter of Invitation or Visa application paperwork to any interested party who has not met the two criteria listed above.
- All questions/concerns regarding the status of your VISA should be directed to Convention Linkage.
- IWA is not authorised to assist with the VISA process.
- IWA will not provide letters of guarantee. Should your application be denied, IWA cannot change the decision of the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will IWA engage in discussion or correspondence with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Embassy of Japan on behalf of the applicant.
We recommend you apply for your visa as soon as possible, as processing times may vary according to location and the level of applications received.
Letter of Guarantee
The conference organisers would like to underline the difference between a Letter of Invitation and a Letter of Guarantee. Depending on your professional situation, background and nationality, you may be required to submit a Letter of Invitation and/or Letter of Guarantee.
A Letter of Guarantee is a letter in which an individual or body agrees to be legally and financially responsible for you during your stay in Japan. You may know an individual or institution in Japan who is willing to act as a guarantor, or, if you have no connection with the country, the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs may find that it is acceptable to have your university act as the guarantor. IWA cannot provide Letters of Guarantee.
PIA Awards Night & Gala Dinner 2018
Date: Monday 17 September 2018
Time: Cocktail reception begins 18:45. Dinner and awards presentation begins 19:30. Finish by 23:00.
Dress code: Business Formal/Black Tie Optional
Venue: Hilton Odaiba Hotel, Tokyo
Ticket prices: 100 EUR non-IWA members; 75 EUR members
Tickets available: 126 tickets available for general sale